Au Weather 2.x Help
Tap the menu icon (toolbar, top left) or swipe in from the left of the screen to view favourites:
Click the plus (+) sign to add favourites:
- Select form nearby locations
- Select by state
- Use nearest (follow me):
- available if location services are enabled on the device
- will default to the closest BOM weather station (unless the station is excluded – see below)
What if the “nearest” station is a dud? Maybe it’s only updated once or twice a day or it’s no longer being updated by BOM. To prevent station being used as ‘nearest” station:
- long-press the station name on the favourites list
- select “Exclude as nearest” from the pop-up menu
Note: to later include the station in the nearest list again:
- add the station from the “nearby” list or via the state selection list
- long-press the station name in the favourites list
- select “Include as nearest” from the pop-up menu
The top section displays the basic observation details (swipe up/down to view all the details).
The bottom section displays tabs with:
- forecast details (up to 6 days where available)
- observation details including sunrise and sunset times (station dependent) :
- tap the icons for a description
- details can be set to text only (via preferences)
- details can be set to be the first tab (via preferences)
- weather warnings for the station state
Tap the radar icon (if available) in the observation details section to view the closest radar loop. The radar button is only displayed when a radar is within ~550km (~250km free version) of the currently displayed station. The free version only shows the 256km radar loop for the currently selected station.
The paid version allows for selecting 512km/256km/128km radar loops when the radar loop is displayed (via menu). The default radar range to use can be set via preferences in the paid version.
Important: Note that all radar loops are not always on and may be taken off-line by BOM.
When adding an Au Weather widget to a home screen the Widget Settings screen is displayed. The following options are available:
- Station: select the water station’s data to display on the widget.
- Widget background*: select the background to use on the widget.
- Widget temperature in status bar: select this option to display an ongoing notification in the status bar with the temperature. This can only be set for one widget at a time.
- Show station name: display the station name on the widget.
- the default temperature colour is white and my not be visible if the status bar is light/white: this can be changed in the application preferences
- multiple widgets for different stations can be added
- widget text colours can be set via preferences (min/max/ temperature/general text)
*only available for the 2×1 widget